Featuring PLC touch screen control, Formech’s plug and play 508DT is a user friendly desktop machine with the power and capability to form more demanding shapes and materials.
Rapid, energy efficient quartz heaters with variable standby means the 508DT is ready to form in less than 5 minutes.
20 programme memory to recall heater profile and timing settings for each project. A dedicated trolley option provides a minimal footprint with the convenience of portability and optimum working height.
Take a look at our other Desktop Series products
4" Mono HMI /PLC Interface with Memory Function
Mitsubishi integrated PLC/HMI with 4" mono touch screen control and 20 programmable presets.
Quartz Heaters with Variable Standby
Quartz heaters have the benefit of a rapid response and high efficiency resulting in time and energy savings.
4 Independently Controllable Heating Zones
Four heating zones and quartz heaters provide rapid heat response with a greater range of control to form challenging shapes and materials
Mechanical interlock prevents table being raised whilst heaters are in forward position (all desktop machines).
Vacuum & Release
After the formed part has cooled, air is forced between the mould and the sheet to help it release.
A visual indication of consistent vacuum pressure being applied (pressure in Hg / bar).
- Forming area (mm/inches)
- 482 x 432mm / 19 x 17"
- Sheet Size (mm/inches)
- 508 x 457mm / 20 x 18"
- Max depth of draw
- 185mm / 7.3"
- Max Material Thickness
- 6mm / 0.25"
- Heating Zones
- Heater type
- 720mm / 28.4"
- 538mm / 21.2"
- 1394mm / 54.9"
- 100kg / 220Ibs
- Single Phase Power Requirements
- 208-240V / 13A
- Europe - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- USA - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- Power Consumption
- Air Requirements
Reduces forming area to utilise smaller sheets of material and minimise wastage. Standard or custom size.
A dedicated white trolley with locking wheels and convenient storage for plastics sheet.
Reel Feed Unit
Assembly to hold reel materials. Suitable for the Formech 450DT, 508DT, 508FS and 686.
Starter Pack of Plastic
Assortment of material (HIPS, ABS, PETG) cut to size to fit your Formech vacuum forming machine
Spare parts kit
A consumable parts kit typically including seals, elements, filter, fuses, toggle clamps.
- Central St. Martins (Education – UK)
- Yale University of Architecture (Education and Model Making – USA)
- Decathlon (Sports apparel R&D – France)
- Nike (Sports apparel R&D – USA)
- Reebok (Sports apparel R&D – USA)
- Under Armour (Sports apparel R&D – USA)
- Hershey Chocolate (Chocolatier USA)
- Aardman Animation (Film design - UK)
- Siemens (Prototyping/R&D – Italy)
- Techniks bvba (Chocolate & Confectionery - Belgium)
- SAS Dupont (R&D - France)
- L'Oreal SA (Cosmetics - France)
- Baumann Dental GmbH (Dental Laboratories - Germany)
- WIFI NÖ - Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut (Education - Austria)
- Königer Verdrahtungstechnik (Electronics - Germany)
- Espada Almacenes, S.L (Packaging - Spain)
- BDN Packaging Ltd (Packaging - Spain)
- Fa. Edelmann (Toolmakers - Germany)
- LaserTag GmbH (Toy Makers - Germany)
- PRATT Institute (Education - USA)
- Northwestern University (Education - USA)
- Yale University School of Architecture (Education - USA)
- Yale University School of Engineering (Education - USA)
Contact us to find out more information on the 508DT or call us on +44 (0) 1582 469 797
Car Body Shell – Polycarbonate
Bottle Tray – HIPS
Digital Printed Sample