Our desktop models are the perfect first approach to vacuum forming. Easy to use, intuitive but yet very professionnal, they are the go-to models for creatives, hobbyists, students and chocolatiers.
Quiet and built-in vacuum system, energy efficient quartz heaters, safety interlock and Mono HMI operating interface for the bigger desktop models will help you achieve consistent formings.
Take a look at our other Desktop Series products
Mechanical interlock prevents table being raised whilst heaters are in forward position (all desktop machines).
4" Mono HMI /PLC Interface with Memory Function
Mitsubishi integrated PLC/HMI with 4" mono touch screen control and 20 programmable presets.
Quartz Heaters with Variable Standby
Quartz heaters have the benefit of a rapid response and high efficiency resulting in time and energy savings.
4 Independently Controllable Heating Zones
Four heating zones and quartz heaters provide rapid heat response with a greater range of control to form challenging shapes and materials
Vacuum & Release
After the formed part has cooled, air is forced between the mould and the sheet to help it release.
A visual indication of consistent vacuum pressure being applied (pressure in Hg / bar).
- Forming area (mm/inches)
- 430 x 280mm / 17 x 11"
- Sheet Size (mm/inches)
- 450 x 300mm / 18 x 12"
- Max depth of draw
- 160mm / 7"
- Max Material Thickness
- *6mm / 0.25"
- Heating Zones
- Heater type
- 639mm / 25.2"
- 525mm / 20.7"
- 986mm / 38.8"
- 75kg / 165lbs
- Single Phase Power Requirements
- Europe - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- USA - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- Power Consumption
- Air Requirements
Reduces forming area to utilise smaller sheets of material and minimise wastage. Standard or custom size.
A dedicated white trolley with locking wheels and convenient storage for plastics sheet.
Reel Feed Unit
Assembly to hold reel materials. Suitable for the Formech 450DT, 508DT, 508FS and 686.
Starter Pack of Plastic
Assortment of material (HIPS, ABS, PETG) cut to size to fit your Formech vacuum forming machine
Spare parts kit
A consumable parts kit typically including seals, elements, filter, fuses, toggle clamps.
- Louisiana Tech University (Education - USA)
- University of Arkansas (Education - USA)
- University of Western Ontario (Education - Canada)
- Bezinksregierung Arnsberg (Education – Germany)
- Lancaster University (Education – UK)
- Roundhill Academy (Education – UK)
- Watford Boys Grammar School (Education – UK)
- Deltion College (Education – Netherlands)
- Nestle R&D Center Inc (Chocolate & Confectionery – USA)
- Chocolaterie du Haut Giffre (Chocolate & Confectionery – France)
- Creation Chocolat (Chocolate & Confectionery – France)
- Trestle Theatre (Film & Theatre – UK)
- English National Opera (Film & Theatre – UK)
- Daktari Diagnostics Inc (Medical – USA)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (R&D – USA)
- Fraunhofer-Institut fur Zuverlassigkeit und Mirkointegration (Prototype Packaging – Germany)
- Ben & Chocolat (Chocolate and Confectionery - Belgium)
- BJ Pack SARL (Packaging - France)
- Ferdinand Mikolasch OHG
- The Peninsula Paris (Chocolate & Confectionery - France)
- Mandarin Oriental Paris (Chocolate & Confectionary - France)
- Mount Blank & Chocolate SARL (Chocolate & Confectionary - France)
- Douceur d'Oc (Chocolate & Confectionary - France)
- Lush Manufacturing BC (Cosmetics - Canada)
- Ultradent Products, Inc. (Dental laboratories)
- K8 Industridesign AS (Design - Norway)
- New College Telford (Education - UK)
- School of the Holy Child Rye (Education - USA)
- Chambre de Commerce et de l'Industrie de l'Indre (Education - France)
- Amery Hill Secondary School (Education - UK)
- The Snaith School (Education - UK)
- University of Kentucky (Education - USA)
- College de Maisonneuve - ITEGA (Education - France)
- HCT Packaging - West Coast (Packaging - USA)
- BME Consulting (R&D - France)
- Clarks (Textiles & Apparel - UK)
- Harvard University (Education - USA)
“Using a Formech vac former to produce masks, particularly the education sets have proved to be ideal. There are no drying times, as with other materials such as latex or papier-mâché, and you can reproduce masks from moulds efficiently. It is also useful when experimenting with mask designs as you can pull a mask to see if it works, then go back and adapt the mould accordingly”
Claire Elcombe, Mask Maker, Trestle Theatre Company
Contact us to find out more information on the 450DT or call us on +44 (0) 1582 469 797
Chocolate Packaging – HIPS
Chocolate Packaging – PVC
Display Tray – HIPS
Car Body Shell – Polycarbonate