Formech’s 508FS (Floor-Standing) machine offers significant advantages over the desktop series with pre-stretch, auto-level and a much more powerful flow rate for demanding applications.
Intuitive, graphically driven touch-screen control with memory function makes the 508FS very easy to use, whilst powerful forming capabilities provide extensive project versatility. Higher wattage Quartz heaters (vs. 508DT) further enhance the 508FS capability.
Take a look at our other Compact Floor Standing products
4" Mono HMI /PLC Interface with Memory Function
Mitsubishi integrated PLC/HMI with 4" mono touch screen control and 20 programmable presets.
Pre-stretch enables the user to pump air into the heated sheet, creating a bubble to avoid thinning of material with deeper tools.
Avoids material sag during the heating cycle and maintains an even distance between heater and sheet whilst providing the user with an audible indication the material is ready to form.
Quartz Heaters with Variable Standby
Quartz heaters have the benefit of a rapid response and high efficiency resulting in time and energy savings.
4 Independently Controllable Heating Zones
Four heating zones and quartz heaters provide rapid heat response with a greater range of control to form challenging shapes and materials
Vacuum & Release
After the formed part has cooled, air is forced between the mould and the sheet to help it release.
A visual indication of consistent vacuum pressure being applied (pressure in Hg / bar).
Dry rotary vane pump 10m3 / hr
Oil free and requires minimal maintenance
- Forming area (mm/inches)
- 482 x 432mm / 19 x 17"
- Sheet Size (mm/inches)
- 508 x 457mm / 20 x 18"
- Max depth of draw
- 290mm / 11.5"
- Max Material Thickness
- 6mm / 0.25"
- Heating Zones
- Heater type
- 757mm / 29.8"
- 1140mm / 44.9"
- 1474mm / 58"
- 125kg / 275lbs
- Single Phase Power Requirements
- Europe - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- USA - 3 Phase Power Requirements
- Power Consumption
- Air Requirements
- 80 PSI/5 bar
Reduces forming area to utilise smaller sheets of material and minimise wastage. Standard or custom size.
Cooling Fan System
To cool formed material and shorten cycles times.
Reel Feed Unit
Assembly to hold reel materials. Suitable for the Formech 450DT, 508DT, 508FS and 686.
Starter Pack of Plastic
Assortment of material (HIPS, ABS, PETG) cut to size to fit your Formech vacuum forming machine
Mobility with Castors
6 locking wheels allow you to safely move the machine from one area to another.
Vacuum Receiver Tank
A vacuum tank that provides instant stored vacuum, for high demanding materials and shortening cycle times.
Spare parts kit
A consumable parts kit typically including seals, elements, filter, fuses, toggle clamps.
- University of Rochester (Education – USA)
- ETH Zurich (Education - Switzerland)
- KTH (Education – Sweden)
- University of the Arts London (Education – UK)
- University of Teeside (Education – UK)
- Universzita Tomase Bati ve Zline (Education – Czech Republic)
- Universidade do Minho (Education – Portugal)
- Tourbillon Patisserie (Chocolatier – France)
- Sodebo (Chocolatier – France)
- Harmac Medical Products (Medical – USA)
- Serco (Defence R&D – UK)
- Apple Inc (Prototyping/R&D – USA)
- Cyberdroid (Prototyping / R&D / Robotics - France)
- Ligier Group (Automative - France)
- Automative Amiens (Automotive - France)
- University of Nottingham (Education - UK)
- PT Kawan Lama Sejahtera (Education - Indonesia)
- Airborn Interconnect, Inc (Electronics - USA)
- Fusion Optix (Optical Solutions - USA)
- Gen Pak (Package Prototype - USA)
- Airborn (Packaging - USA)
- LWB Steinl GmbH & Co KG (Plastic Sheet Extrusion - USA)
- Blackhawk Industrial (R&D - USA)
- Isosport Verbundbauteile GmbH (Sport Products - Austria)
- Riverside Tool Corps (Toolmakers - USA)
- School of Visual Arts NY (Education - USA)
- OTIS (Education - USA)
Contact us to find out more information on the 508FS or call us on +44 (0) 1582 469 797
Pre-printed POS PETG
Electro Silver Plated Sculpture PETG
Car Body Shell – Polycarbonate